Herr Manfried und der Papadu
A book for children about the grandiosity of being different
As a strange bird, you don’t really fit in anywhere. So you might end up quite lonely. And grumpy. And exactly in that moment you got used to being alone, a meddlesome hound called Herr Manfried comes along. And gets on your nerves with his constantly good mood. If you could, you would directly fly away. But, what happens, if you just can’t?
The read-aloud book „Herr Manfried und der Papadu“ narrates a fabulous and adventurous story about being different. It is a story about exclusion and acceptance, about courage and after all about friendship. Because anybody, who takes a closer look will discover that in particular the strange birds make our world so marvellously colorful.
Words by Anne-Kristin Kastens
Illustrations by Arabell Watzlawik
Pre-order the book
Facts and figures
* Hardcover and thread stitching
* ISBN: 978-3-948581-02-2
* 1st edition 2021, only available in German
* Price: 16,90 EUR (final price, no VAT according to § 19 UStG, German tax law)
* Packaging & delivery: 2,10 EUR within Germany (for each book)
* COPYRIGHT: Anne-Kristin Kastens & Arabell Watzlawik